Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Passion

What moves you? Personally I have a hidden passion to act. It's been a while since I actually had a role in something where I had lines to remember and things to do. I think the last time I acted was in high school. I told myself I'd audition for 2 plays. One at my current high school and one at my former high school where I spend 2 years. I had such a passion that I prepared for my monologues and songs (they were both musicals) and auditioned. I thought I would have enough time for both IF I got the parts for both but I didn't count on it.

I got a main part in the one at my former and a supporting role and backstage tech (I knew how things operated already) so I dropped the one with the main part. I ended up doing sound tech for the one at my former and running around moving sets and props for the one I was in.

I've always been extremely torn between whether I like the Tech or the Acting. I know I need to lean in one direction but which? I don't think anyone I've met over these past few years has actually seen me act. I got bit by the bug early in life, and I need to do something about it.

Someone help me with my passion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment